Sunday, June 27, 2010

Enjoy the Ride

Austin's principal retired on June 23, 2010 after 41 years in education. I respected her immensely as an educator and a person who took my son under her personal wing. She has been a huge support force in the recent year. She coached "Austin" everyday. Gave me her attention and great wisdom. But she shared that with all her students for she was passionate about her school community. Thank You Mrs. D.

So we made her a special card and gave her a sterling silver key pendent with a heart. She kept telling us that it was her time to put on her play clothes and make the most of the next journey. So I found it fir to make her a card that included her new found phrase. The "Pedaling Past" stamp set will be in the SU July 1, 2010 catalog. And of course I love SU's "branch Out" , which retired. I used sponging and different green inks to create the scene. The layout was inspired by Michelle Zindorf and a Little scenic technique from Kitte747 at SCS. The Awing I created out of leftover MM paper and a MS punch.

RECIPE:
PAPER: SU White, Pretty in Pink, Garden Green, MM Scrap

STAMPS: SU Branch Out (retired), New Pedaling Past, Dollar Spot a "Damask Image" (for Butterfly)

INK: SU Garen Green, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Black, Brocade Blue

ACCESORIES: MS Punch, ACM ribbon. sponges, Dry Embossing Folder (CB)

No comments: