Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Baby Shoes


In June of 2008 I help my husband's cousin
with the Christening of her second Little Girl. These baby Mary Jane's were such a big hit at her daughters first Christening that I made them again. A total of 70. Yes I made 70 shoes with the cooperative efforts of many close stamping friends. I also did the table numbers. The paper for the shoe is digital. I printed the digital paper on smooth white card stock, which I purchased at officedepot.com. I then printed the template which I found on the Splicoaststampers website under the template forum. I then revamped the template so that I was able to print two(2) shoe forms on one 81/2 X 11 sheet of paper. I put the soles to cover the bottom of the shoe on another template sheet. All together you need to run the paper twice through the printer. I then made monogrammed white chocolates with the babies initials and stuffed them into each shoe. Here is the template http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216921&highlight=baby+shoe+template. If you would like the one I created to maximize paper you may email me at mailto:Vaniamaybell@hotmail.com.
The table numbers were also done with digital paper and then I ran the paper through the cuttlebug machine using the Textile Embossing Folder.
RECIPE:

Table No. Sign- Paper: SU Blush Blossom, SU Close to Cocoa and Quartz white paper. Stamp Set SU Buggies and Booties, Ink: SU Close to Cocoa "Craft" ink clear embossing powder, White 7/8" organdy ribbon. Font for Numbers MS Word "Edwardian Script". The measurement of the acutal card is 5 1/2 X 11 1/2.

Baby Shoe: Digital Paper- http://www.computerscrapbook.com/epapertotues1.html Tea on Tuesday E-Paper kit. Dew Drop for button on shoe. and 1/16" ribbon to tie chocolates in a small candy bag. Quartz Paper from http://actionenvelope.com/ and a Marvy Daisy Punch and Cinnamon stickles on the center of shoe the flower.

I attached the daisy, dew drop and the flap of the shoe with Mono Multi Glue. I assembled the actual shoe with my ATG gun and the gold ATG tape found here: http://framingsupplies.com/

No comments: