Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Off to School


Hello!
Well, My little man began the second grade today. Wow that was fast. Not the summer just but him getting to second grade. Of course like every household in my town we began the routine of getting to school on time. Now you all know that I did not have to just raise my voice that would have been easy. I screamed! Now all that is rational to me says that he doesn't respond when I scream but I sure do feel better afterwards. My son has two speeds "Stop and Reverse". Plus I had to get my two year old daughter ready to because she need come with me since my care giver couldn't be at my house by the time I had to take him to school. So when I tell you that I am challenged everyday by my children I think you can see a little picture of what I mean. Now I am not the only Mom in this boat I just happen to share the real side of myself. Oh! and did I mention I had to get myself ready for work too.
Now! On to the card. I was excited to get to know Austin's new teacher that I had to make her a card and introduce myself. So this is what I came up with. I love this stamp set from "My Favorite things". This image is also known as "Who is that girl", and the stamp set is called "Back to School". This stamp company has a distinctive style and I love her, especially since she does not have a face. I paper pieced her dress with some DP scraps and clear embossed the Blackboard. Used brads and eyelets. Just a fun and quick little note.
RECIPE: Stamps: Back to School by: http://mftstamps.com/ SU Alphabet Wheel
Paper: SU Basic Black, White and Real Red, DP Scraps
Ink: Versfine Black,SU White Craft, Craft Garden Green, Su Real Red Ink Cartridge
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Red eyelets, American Crafts Black Brads,
dollar bin ribbon from Michaels.

No comments: