Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birthday Time

One I my hardest design struggles are Masculine themes. Purchasing masculine stamps seems to be something I need to concentrate on. In the spirit of practicality I need to justify in my mind that a set that would be more "manly" must also be versatile. So all that being said I came up with these two cards for a man's Birthday. Of course I utilized http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ for inspiration and layout design. The three stamps sets are from Stampin' Up and are currently retired. But a retired catalog stamp does not mean a stamps sets life is over. I have an endearing relationship with all my stamps. They all have a special card waiting in their owners heart. So hoping that enjoy today cards.

By the way I used the cuttlebug for the card on the right. Love that "bug".http://www.happyscrappinscrapbooking.com



RECIPIE:

Stamps: Su Artifacts, SU Birthday Wishes, SU Birthday Whimsy

Ink: SU Old Olive, SU Pumpkin Pie, Versafine Black, SU Always Artichoke

Paper: Su Whisper White, Su Basic Black, SU Old Olive, SU Pumpkin Pie, SU Always Artichoke, Cuttlebug "Paisley" embossing folder

Accessories: Su Brads gold & Silver, "Clock Hands" Punch, SU White Gel pen


No comments: