Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Easy Baby Elephant

Easy and Quick is today's theme if you will. I am putting these up because these are some of the cards that I make in large quantities. Now those of you that are familiar with my card making know that I make cards usually in sums of 20 or more. I give these cards as gifts for the many occasions that I attend with my friends and family. It gives me chance to show others that a handmade card still has a place in the world of 'High tech" communication. "Thank you" cards are always an easy and appreciated gift by the people who have to thank their guest for their gifts or attendance in a celebration.

All that being said I need to be quick and cute in those types of cards. So here is a card for a baby shower where the "Mother-to-be" does not know if it is a boy or girl baby. So green is always generic.

A white based card. Some spots and a cute ribbon with a brad. A little water coloring with an Aqua painter and re-inkers. Done!!!

For this shower I made and put 40 of them in a white box. In the box I include a pen and a pad. At the shower the pad and pen come in handy for writing down the gift and the gift giver's name. Then the
Mother-to-be can put the cards that came with the gift in the box and she is instantly organized and has her shower cards saved. The box can hold future items that the Mom may want to save of the babies. Just a quick way to start that memory box without a lot of effort. She has everything in one place. Cute idea I thought. And she doesn't have to make time to go out and buy "Thank You" cards. How do I know how many to make?

Good Question!!!! When I R.S.V.P. to the party I usually have conversation with the host of the event. I ask a lot of general questions that give me information on the event. I ask about the theme, color, boy or girl, number of people invited and thus I have good information for design. I usually write all the information down on the invitation that I get for the party and then use that to create my design. I then add 10 to the count of invitation's mailed. This way I am within a range that the right amount of "Thank You" cards are in the box.

The finally touch is a big fluffy bow with really pretty ribbon. It is about about presentation. And on top of the box I make an extra card and put it in a clear envelope and stick on top of the box to show the receiver the content of cards inside the box. Voila! a practical gift.

RECIPE:

Stamps: SU Riveting (solid circle), SU Year After Year, SU Noteworthy (Thank you word).
Paper: Xerox White, SU Certainly Celery
Ink: Versamagic ink Sage, Versafine Black, SU Certainly Celery and Going Gray re-inkers
Accessories: Su Oval Punches small and Large, Mary Square Scallop Punch "Giga" (purple), SU Silver Brad, Michael's "Dots n Dashes Ribbon".

No comments: