Monday, September 15, 2008

The Bride & Groom





Well what a weekend. I do not know where to begin. My husband and I went to a great wedding and my nieces were there to take my camera and get some pictures of us. We had a great time. The kids stayed home with Nonna and Nonno and we had the weekend off. So of course I made the wedding card for the gift.
I have been in a determined state of mind to learn "Iris Paper Folding" a technique that just takes concentration and time. But it is quite easy once you understand how it works.
I was guided through this technique by a fellow stamp artist and former student of mine. She has now grown and graduated to a inspiring "Card Artist". She had done this technique several other times and walked me through this card. I was fortunate enough to find http://valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html the template for this couple. I then incorporated the brides colors from the wedding and designed the card. The top of the dress is Su Card stock vellum and I put it through the cuttlebug. The Tux is Su Black Paper and I ran that through the cuttlebug as well with the "distress" embossing folder. But my favorite part are the Brides legs. I used the legs from the mft set called "School Days". I colored her legs in with SU Blush Blossom and an aqaua painter. I colored the shoes in with an American Crafts Metallic Marker. The book plate is from Joann's and I used SU Crystal Brads on each side. The ribbon is from the Holiday Section of Michael's Arts and Crafts store. I used a gel pen for the buttons on the tux.

RECIPE:
Paper: Stardream Metallic "Quartz" Paper, SU Smooth White, Anna Griffin in Clearance at Michael's, SU Vellum Cardstock

Stamps: MFT "School Days" (http://www.mftstamps.com/catalog/), Su Taggers Dozen

Ink: Su Blush Blossom Re-inker, Versafine Black

Accessories: Cuttlebug Folders "distressed, Swirls, Swiss Dot", Offray Double Faced Satin White and 1/8 Black and 7/8" White, American Crafts Metallic Pen, Michael's Holiday Ribbon, SU Crystal Brads Green, Joann's Fabrics label.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vania May this card is sooo cute. So the skirt is paper? It looks like ribbon.... Very, very nice. I'm very impressed with how you are getting on with your blog!! Thanks for sharing. Love, Sandy

Jenn said...

Beautiful card! What a lovely creation!

Thanks,
Jenn
http://www.LearnHowToMakeHolidayBows.com