Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back to School Night

These were the items I made for Austin's Back to School Bake Sale. "Smore Chipper Cookies" . I got the recipe from the Pillsbury Website. Needed something quick fun and Yummy. The stamping took longer than the baking. I used my Scallop Punch for the tag and SU Dotted Autum. Michael's had a sale on these 50 cent ribbon spools so they were perfect for wrapping these packages. I also bought the melting Chocolate at Michael's in the candy department. I had my man Richie deliver them to the School so they could be priced by the bake sale committee. Here is the link to cookie recipe.
http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=44363

When we got to the bake sale Richie was curious to find out what they were charging for my cookies. All 4 dozen went and I might add for a very high price too. Richie would over hear the customers at the bake sale table talking about how they were wrapped and the ribbons. So I was excited that people were enjoying it. All that being said when you think that people do not appreciate presentation they do. It is just not always in the format we want to hear. But trust me if you stop and listen people notice. Now of course I did want them to know that I did this work, and having an unusual name helps. So I did stamp the back of the tag with my personalized name stamp. Never know who might need something. Always working the network too helps the business.

STAMPS: SU Dotted Autumn
INK: SU Kiwi Kiss and Pumpkin Pie
PAPER: Staples Ivory
ACESSORIES: Marvy Mega Scallop Square Punch, Michael's Ribbon Orange, Green, Black.

No comments: