Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pretty Pears

When I began stamping in 1989 the stamps I picked never had to much coloring requirements. I minimized my arena of coloring. Ironic because I loved coloring books and always got very excited over a new box of crayons (96 count Crayola Box with sharpener) every September when I got new school supplies. Since starting the art the images have greatly evolved and their true to life features are amazing today. Over the summer one of my students shared a water coloring technique that she learned from one of the many blogs she reaches through her inspiration journeys on the computer.
Miss Carol shared using Watercolor paper, SU Markers, and an Aquapainter to create beautiful watercolor art. She got me hooked on coloring with my line art stamps. She gave pointers on how to shade mix marker colors and now I love "Line Art Stamps. This is one of my Stamp a Stack Cards.
Now isn't something that I started with fruit. It is like the first art class you take when you paint a bowl of fruit. Although it is corny to start with fruit I love the technique and made quite of few of these to send out "just because". I encourage you to get watercolor paper and start coloring.
Thank you Miss Carol for sharing.

RECIPE: Stamps: SU Infinite Goodness (Hostess Set Retired), SU Holidays and Wishes.
Ink: Versfine Black
Paper: Michaels Art Dept Watercolor Paper, SU Mellow Moss
Accessories: Fine Ranger Clear Embossing Powder, Su Marker Old Olive, Mellow Moss,
Certainly Celery, Su Aqua Painter


No comments: