Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rustic Rooster

The newest thing I have discovered is purchasing "Digital Paper Packs". Many Digital Scrapbookers and Graphic Artist's create these paper packs, which can be purchased and downloaded. I then save them in my hard drive, and print out what I need. I love this because I use these papers a lot in my classes. I ideally use Hammermill 60lb. white paper, which I get at Staples.com (only). It is cost effective and fun. The best is the paper packs have coordinating papers just like Hybrid papers. I started the base of this card I can not tell you how long ago and just plain lost my Mojo on it. I cuttlebugged the Very Vanilla Base attached the the ribbon and digital paper layer, and then was stuck. For months it layed on my desk. I would look at it and nothing. Then I got my new Hostess Level 2 set from Stampin Up and the day I mounted it on the desk it struck me. From that instant it took ten minutes to complete the card.

I colored in the Rooster with an Aqua painter and ink pads from the SU Earth Element color family. I used some pewter brads from American Crafts and a paperclip that was in a basket of things to put away and a scrap piece of SU old olive ribbon. I used the SU Tab Punch, circle punches, ticket corner and word window punch to create the greeting.
RECIPE:
PAPER:Digital Paper by Shawnery Mathis on the Scrapbookbytes.com website. Here is the link ; http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/search.php?mode=search&page=1, SU Very Vanilla
SU Chocolate Chip, SU So Saffron
INK: Versa Briallnce Ink in Choclate, Memento Ink in Brown stamped off once, So Saffron for Sponging the edges of the main image.
ACCESSORIES: American Crrafts Brads, Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder-Leafy Branch, SU Punches Word Window,Tab, Circle, and Ticket Corner, SU Felted Chocolate Ribbon, Staples Paper Clip, Su old Olive Ribbon.

No comments: