Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Suspended Thanks

What is TLC? Well in the world of acronymns it stands for; TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE". This is a technique I taught for one of my classes in February. I am trying to expand my classes to reflect some of the challenges that they would love to do on SCS but for one reason or another don't get the chance to do it.

This is Card #2in the "Suspension Class". I followed the tutorial on SCS. Here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/suspension_card/
The Technique is great. I also wanted to show the students that one technique can create a whole different card. (See the Buzzin Bees below). One of my favorite Stampin Up! colors is Mellow Moss, I combined sponging and stamping to create this card. Each layer of the scallop that is punched out is done one at a time, The punch can not go through two layers at one time. So I punched through the very vanilla first. I then placed the vanilla layer on the eggplant layer and traced the scallop with pencil on that layer. Placed the punch over my pencil marks and I got the second scallop cut. Now to get the circle on the moss layer I used a colluzle circle cutter, because the scallop punch could not go into the layer of moss far enough to create the window circle.

Finally I sponged and stamped my images and put the card together. This took longer to explain. It is quite easy.

STAMPS: SU True Friend, SU Sincere Salutations.
PAPER: SU Mellow Moss , SU Elegant Eggpant, SU Very Vanilla, SU Vellumn Cardstock
INK: SU Old Olive, SU Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: UNWAXED Dental Floss, SU Scallop Punch, Coluzzle Circle Cutter, Sponge, Silver Brad, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch.

No comments: